Continuing the blog post I wrote on “The Greatest Thing You Can Do For the Men In Your Life”, and because of the multiple requests, I wanted to share 5 specific things that the Lord has laid on my heart to pray for Jeff (and other important men in my life, like my dad, pastors, and friends). Obviously there are so many things you can pray for that are specific to the men in your life; by no means is this an exhaustive list! But my hope is that this will encourage and spur you on to pray for specific things regarding your guys’ hearts, minds and souls.
Here are 5 things that I regularly pray for Jeff:
- He’d passionately love Jesus above all else, with all of His heart, mind, soul and strength & that he would be intimate with our Lord.
- He’d walk in purity, integrity, & honesty.
- He’d walk in humility.
- He’d continue to be a light, persevering in passionately proclaiming Christ and making disciples.
- He’d know, rest & rejoice in who he is ‘in Jesus.’ i.e. forgiven, new, loved, clean, blameless, washed, righteous, and spotless.
Next week I will go more into the why behind these five things.
What are specific ways you pray for the men in your life?
For further resources on this topic, click on the titles below:
- “How to Pray for Your Future Husband” by Robin Jones Gunn.
- “The Power of a Praying Wife” by Stormie Omartian.
This blog originally was published here and is used with permission: